Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Under $5 Door Bells


So it's been a busy past few weeks.  Little man is still struggling to take naps during the day, and now that he has learned to roll over, he tries to do it in his sleep...but he hasn't quite mastered it yet so that means that he wakes himself up.  I get frustrated at times, but then he smiles at me or gives me a giant, wet kiss, and I forget all about it.

When it came time to take down our Christmas decorations, I somehow overlooked the bells that were hanging on the back of our front door.  A few days went by...then a few weeks...and then a few months.  By that time, I had gotten used to hearing the bells whenever anyone opened/closed the door.  I finally got tired of looking at the Christmas bells and decided to make these.  I got a bag of bells (I think they were $2 or maybe $2.99) and a faux-wooden embroidery hoop (marked down to $.99) at Michaels.  Then I used fabric strips (different lengths) to tie the bells to the hoop.  I threaded the fabric strip through the bell, tied it, then attached it to the hoop by tying a slipknot .  It couldn't be more simple.



   Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love these!!!!! Thanks for the idea. Might be nice on my sons door so I can hear him wake up in the morning easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! These would be good for Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete