Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

And seven months later...

...I'm back (with a 5 month old and almost ZERO down time!). In fact, I'm hoping to sit here for just a few minutes while Audie takes a nap - hopefully a nap that will last longer than the usual 20-30 minutes. I used to think that 20-30 minutes was a reasonable amount of time. Turns out it is just long enough to use the bathroom, straighten up the living room, and unload about half of the dishwasher. That's it. Then he's wide awake again despite my futile attempts at getting him back to sleep. I then unload the rest of the dishwasher one-handed while I hold him in the other. Oh how I've mastered the art of "one-handedness." In fact, I am currently typing with one hand as I manage a breast pump with the other.

But all is fantastically wonderful in the world of "babyhood." I am completely head-over-heels in love with a short, fat, bald, little man who throws up on me (among other things)on a regular basis. I couldn't be happier! The Lord blessed me with a healthy pregnancy, an amazing delivery, and the most precious baby boy in the world! I really can't complain. Although Audie takes only short naps during the day and fights sleep as if his life depended on him staying awake, he usually sleeps well at night, and is, for the most part, a very happy, laid back little guy. (Oh by the way, he just woke up - 20 minutes on the dot.)

So now as a mother and all day "stay-at-homer" (literally - my husband and I share a car), I have realized that I would like to use this blog to post things that interest me as a stay-at-home mom in hopes that others like myself, might stubble upon it and see things that interest them. So, I shall start with my first baby-related post: Cloth Diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment